Parrot allows you to mimc a RESTful web service API by configuring it to return prepared responses in the expected format by your client (mobile app, web app, etc.) that will be consuming that API.
The mimicked API could be something you will eventually create or something that you have no control over and would like to have an instance to point your client toward so the development of the client can proceed.
Parrot is offered as a free service and you are welcome to use it, on a honor based system, that you do not abuse it.
Check out the about page if you would like a brief backstory for this service.
- Easy configuration
- Dynamic responses
- Responses can use request data (e.g. to simulate different login scenarios based on username):
- Request path
- GET/POST parameters
- Respond with different status code for specific requests
- HTTP Methods support includes GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, PATCH, TRACE, HEAD, and OPTIONS
- Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
- Delayed responses at service and endpoint level
- Random data generators.
- Required parameter validation.